Program Manager – Latina Domestic Violence Shelter
Compensation: $69,000 - $72,996/Year
Provide oversight of the agency’s domestic violence programming, including Casa Esperanza, the only culturally and linguistically specific domestic violence shelter in Oregon for Latina women and their families. Services include shelter (Casa Esperanza, motel, diversion) and community engagement and outreach.
- Provide program management for government (state, county, federal) domestic violence program grants. This includes but is not limited to adherence to budgets, program evaluation, and report submission.
- Supervise staff members. This includes but is not limited to hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, discipline, and terminations.
- Oversee implementation of trauma-informed, culturally specific, best-practice DV staff training, services, outreach, and education.
- Regularly provides case staffing.
- Participate in the shelter’s regular weekend on-call rotation, being available at least one weekend a month to assist with shelter emergencies.
- Assists as shelter manager for sick, vacation, and vacancies.
- Approve and track all purchase requests, including housing, for domestic violence programs, ensuring urgent checks and items delivered to the main office are picked up and distributed in a timely manner.
- Support the expansion and improvement of culturally specific DV services.
- Maintains partnerships with community partners and domestic and sexual violence organizations.
- Provides advocacy for the need for culturally specific DV services.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the social service field.
- At least two years of experience supervising multiple employees.
- Experience working in a trauma-informed environment.
- Experience working with domestic violence victims and survivors.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to build and maintain rapport with children, youth, and adults from diverse backgrounds and personalities, especially those who have experienced trauma.
- Bilingual and bicultural in English/Spanish is required.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors, and customers face to face, online, and on the phone.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- If using a personal vehicle on company business, one must have a valid driver’s license and meet minimum automobile insurance requirements.
- Skill in using a personal computer and various software packages.
Share Your Qualifications
To express your interest in this position, follow these steps:
- Prepare your resume and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications and four professional references.
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and references in PDF format through the form below.
- Review your submission for accuracy before clicking submit.
Only submissions through our online portal will be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted forms may not be reviewed.