Provide trauma-informed, culturally specific support for women and their children as they enter, stay, and exit the domestic violence shelter program. Responsible for modeling an environment of accountability, respect, and trauma-informed care.
- Using a trauma-informed approach provide stability for women, help them establish a safety plan, conduct a strengths and needs assessment, and identify the resources each woman needs to successfully live on her own after leaving the program.
- If there are children, work with the mother or caregiver to provide the necessary supports for the child(ren), such as early learning strategies and school attendance.
- Follow up with women in order to monitor progress on their goals.
- Conduct the initial intake to determine if a woman is appropriate for the Shelter program
- Establish a safety and exit plan with the woman.
- Making appropriate referrals for clients such as employment, housing, health insurance, addiction treatment, and mental health.
- Transport clients to various social services such as DMV, vital records, medical appointments, Social Security, etc.
- Responsible for ethically managing and safeguarding financial resources entrusted to them, such as payment cards, gift cards, credit cards, etc. Submit accurate documentation of financial resources in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the general cleanliness and upkeep of the living and storage spaces. This includes daily sanitization.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties as required.
- Bilingual/bicultural English/Spanish required.
- At least one year of experience working in the domestic violence prevention and intervention field.
- Must have participated in at least 40 hours of authorized domestic violence training.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
Share Your Qualifications
To express your interest in this position, follow these steps:
- Prepare your resume and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications and four professional references.
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and references in PDF format through the form below.
- Review your submission for accuracy before clicking submit.
Only submissions through our online portal will be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted forms may not be reviewed.