Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist II
This position provides prevention and early intervention services in schools by reducing risky student behaviors such as truancy, poor school performance, alcohol and drug use, negative behavior, etc.
- Provide consistent and ongoing positive role modeling for students.
- Provide evidence-based prevention instruction to students in classroom settings.
- Lead small groups made up of 5-15 youths at each school with an emphasis on drug and alcohol prevention.
- Provide resource referrals and case coordination with each member of the small groups on a bi-weekly basis.
- Develop individualized support plans and goals for members of the small groups and their families.
- Provide substance abuse prevention education to parents and train teachers and other school staff on current alcohol and drug trends.
- Provide assistance with truancy prevention, drug and alcohol prevention, conflict resolution, interpersonal skill development, mental health assessments, and family engagement activities.
- Participate in school-based meetings in which at-risk youth issues are discussed with school staff.
- Promote the establishment/review of alcohol, tobacco, and drug use policies in each school. Make appropriate recommendations that will ensure access to treatment and school retention.
- In collaboration with NWFS staff, community partners, and school personnel, coordinate outreach activities for at-risk students.
- Maintain accurate documentation on a consistent basis.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with at-risk youth.
Share Your Qualifications
To express your interest in this position, follow these steps:
- Prepare your resume and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications and four professional references.
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and references in PDF format through the form below.
- Review your submission for accuracy before clicking submit.
Only submissions through our online portal will be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted forms may not be reviewed.