Job Title: PreventNet Site Volunteer
Reports to: PreventNet Site Coordinator
Position Time: Tuesdays from 3:00pm-4:30pm or every other Thursday 3:25pm-5:00pm.
Recruiting Objective: I am seeking 2-3 Site Volunteers to support a free after school activity for students of Kraxberger and Gardiner Middle Schools.
Northwest Family Services supports family stability, child well-being, and victims of crime by focusing on the social determinants of health. Since 1983, NWFS has worked to reduce poverty through health, education, employment, and social justice services.
Volunteer Opportunity Summary:
The PreventNet Site Volunteer collaborates with the PreventNet Site Coordinator and PreventNet Site Support to supervise and support students during the after school activities on Tuesday and Thursdays. Both club activities focus on homework help, a physical activity, and a creative activity. Some examples are: basketball, painting rocks, board games, etc. The volunteer can choose to volunteer at Kraxberger Middle School on Tuesdays from 3:00pm-4:30pm and/or at Gardiner Middle School every other Thursdays from 3:25pm-5:00pm. Both clubs start in October and run until May 2020. Priority will be selected for volunteers who can attend both clubs.
- Provide mentorship, supervision, and guidance to students in collaboration with NWFS staff.
- Help guide students through activities and provide support via rules and instructions. (Activity, instructions, and material will be provided).
- Provide support, encouragement, and motivation to students.
- Support students to foster healthy coping skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Be in accordance of a safe environment including drug, alcohol, and weapon free.
- Must have experience working with children ages 10-14.
- Must have sound judgement and able to keep calm under pressure.
- Accountable and punctual.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and reference check.
**Priority is given to volunteers who can attend both activities, who have experience working with children, and are committed to volunteer the 2019-2020 academic school year.**
Work is performed in a school environment and requires frequent and lengthy standing, speaking in a loud voice, and an environment that can get noisy during activities.