Learn Essential Skills Employers Are Looking For:
Confidence, Motivation, and Accountability
Rethinking Job Search is a series of workshops that help job seekers reestablish their confidence, motivation, and accountability while continuing to look for their next job.
Job seekers who participate will attend a two-hour workshop on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for four consecutive weeks. They will engage in facilitated conversations in a small group of job seekers in a safe and supported fashion to address the emotional and social consequences of unemployment.
You may be eligible if you are currently collecting Oregon Unemployment Insurance Benefits, at least 18 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED.
Why would you want to participate?
- Rethinking Job Search completely free to those who are eligible
- Job seekers will learn to think and act more positively and reestablish their confidence, motivation, and accountability as they search for work
- Job seekers are able to receive one job search activity credit towards their weekly UI claims simply for completing the survey that is the first part of registration
- Job seekers will be able to count one job search credit towards their weekly UI claim for each workshop they attend (up to 12)
What’s the registration process?
To find out and register go to www.rethinkingjobsearch.org and:
- Go to www.rethinkingjobsearch.org (http://www.rethinkingjobsearch.org)
- Click on the “Get Started” button in the middle of the page
- Watch the video and then click on the “Eligibility Survey”
- Fill out the information and click “Next”
- You will be brought to a short survey, go ahead and answer the questions then click “Next”
- The next page will let you know if you have met all of the eligibility requirements. You are not done registering yet!
- If you qualify click on the link at the bottom that says, “Click here to return to the Rethinking Job Search website to see a video about the program and register!”
- You will be brought to a new page. Scroll down to the Oregon map and click on the “Oregon City link” on the Oregon map.
- Click on the WorkSource Oregon “Oregon City link”
- Select the Rethinking class link
- Fill out the necessary information and click “Register”, then you are done!
Where is Rethinking Job Search held?
Rethinking Job Search workshops are held in conjunction with the several WorkSource Centers in the state of Oregon.
NWFS delivers the monthly Rethinking Job Search group in Oregon City. If you have questions please contact Rob Sellers by phone at 503-310-4665 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rethinking Job Search is wholly funded by a $3 Million Grant from the U.S. Department of Labor. All participants will be a part of an evaluation of the program to help determine effectiveness.
WorkSource Oregon is an equal opportunity program/employer. Language assistance is available to individuals with limited English proficiency free of cost. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Contact your nearest WorkSource Oregon Center for assistance. Oregon Relay 1-800-735-2900.
Sterling IRB Approved IRB ID: 5137