Northwest Family Services Hosts Binational Health Event
Binational Health Events (BHE) is one of the largest mobilization efforts of federal and state government agencies, community based organizations, and volunteers in the Americas to improve the health and well-being of the underserved Latino population living in the United States and Canada. It encompasses a month long of series of health promotion and health education activities that include workshops, insurance referrals, vaccinations and medical screenings. BHE fosters community solidarity through the extensive mobilization of existing resources and the organization of volunteers working together for a common goal. The events are coordinated by networks forged among agencies and community organizations with the purpose of reaching out the most disadvantaged and vulnerable people, especially those without medical coverage.
Main Health Fair
- Binational Health Fair Kicks off in Portland October 6, 2018 8am- 2pm
- Location: Gladstone High School (http://gladstone.k12.or.us/high/) 18800 Portland Ave, Gladstone, OR 97027
Services Provided include:
- Dental Services for Adults (cleanings, fillings and extractions)
- Vision services for Adults
- Blood Pressure checks/ Glucose testing
- HIV testing
- Hearing testing Flu Shots for Adults ( Children 11 years and old)
- Telehealth Clinic
- Health Insurance enrollment Community Resources
- Community Resources
Do not miss this event! NWFS invites people throughout the Portland Metro area to take advantage of these free resources and connections. If you want to attend, simply show up. Contact Northwest Family Services for more information at (503) 546-6377 or visit www.nwfs.org, all services provided will be on a first come first serve basis.