Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To: Payroll Specialist
Position Time: 0.75 FTE
Current Pay Rate: $16.50/hour
The Accounting Specialist provides support for the general administrative function in the following areas: 1) entry of day-to-day accounting transactions, 2) entry of employee reimbursements and third-party invoices, 3) prepare all bank deposits as required, 4) reconcile donor software to accounting software entries.
- Ability to perform a high volume of transactions accurately and timely manner
- Prepare and process vendor and employee reimbursement checks with proper agency protocol.
- Compile receipts, enter, and post various credit card statements.
- Prepare and process payments including for emergency funds for programs. As well as tracking emergency funds in excel.
- Ensure that all checks for $10,000 or more are prepared for immediate deposit
- Prepare deposit at a minimum of once a week
- Track SymptoPro portal orders in Excel.
- Assist with incoming phone calls and messages.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Must be committed to organizational mission and fiscal responsibility
- Comply with all NWFS policies and procedures
- As needed, follow HIPAA requirements and assure confidentiality for participants (e.g., protect personal identifying information, maintain records in locked files, transmitted records)
- BA or BS or sufficient experience in daily accounting entries.
- General office skills, basic computer skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Abila MIP a plus, good customer service, good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, efficient, and be willing to work in an active, friendly multi-cultural environment.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and automobile insurance. Available for some traveling.
- Must pass background driving and criminal history checks
- Bilingual a plus.
This position requires frequent standing, bending and the ability to lift 30 pounds. Must be able to walk up and down one flight of stairs throughout the day. Work is performed in an office environment and required extended use of computers and phones.
Complete application found at http://www.nwfs.org/jobs.html
Be sure information is saved before sending with your cover letter and resume to:
Benefits: Monthly salary range: $16.50-$18 paid vacation, sick time, holidays, vision, medical, and dental benefits, matching 401k.