Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Office Administration Supervisor
Position Time: 1.0 FTE
Current Pay Rate: $17.00-$19.00/hour
The Accounting Specialist provides support for the general administrative function in the following areas: 1) entry of day-to-day accounting transactions, 2) billing, preparing reimbursements, 3) prepare all bank deposits as required, 4) prepare and submit counseling and alcohol and drug insurance, 5) reconcile donor software and Elan entries to accounting software entries.
- Prepare the periodic contract reimbursements according to funder specifications
- Process invoices and third party reimbursements
- Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable transaction
- Ability to perform a high volume of transactions accurately and timely manner
- Interact with vendor as required in a courteous and professional manner.
- As needed, follow HIPAA requirements and assure confidentiality for participants (e.g., protect personal identifying information, maintain records in locked files, transmitted records)
- Prepare and submit counseling and alcohol and drug insurance billing
- Assist with incoming phone calls and messages
- Prepare and process payments and issue checks along with proper agency protocol.
- Ensure that copies are made of all checks and cash receipts and endorse all checks
- Ensure all documents are scanned, saved, and shredded according to agency schedule.
- Ensure that all checks and cash received for the day are entered into the Excel spreadsheet and put in the appropriate locations (e.g., executive director file, donation file)
- Organize, reconcile, and file “cash card” receipts from staff as well as complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Ensure that all checks for $10,000 or more are prepared for immediate deposit
- Verify the deposit at a minimum of once a week and take to the bank
- Work with vendors to obtain the best rates, products and services
- Ordering catering for board meetings, some other events
- Maintain the SymptoPro portal orders in excel and inform instructors of new client
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS or sufficient experience in daily accounting entries.
- One year experience with accounting software and daily entries, reconciliation, and general accounting practices.
- Understanding of Spanish is preferred
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, efficient, and be willing to work in an active, friendly multi-cultural environment.
- Represent and communicate NWFS, is mission and values, as needed to the community.
- Accept the guidance and supervision of the Business Supervisor and Executive Director in a cooperative manner.
- General office skills, basic computer skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Abila MIP a plus, good customer service, good written and verbal communication skills
This position requires frequent standing, bending and the ability to lift 30 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment and required extended use of computers and phones.
Complete application and be sure information is saved before sending with your cover letter and resume to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222
Or email to:
Benefits: Monthly salary range: $17-$19 paid vacation, sick time, holidays, vision, medical, and dental benefits, matching 401k.