Job Title: Receptionist
Report To: Office Manager
Classification: Paid Position, Non-exempt
Position Time: FTE 40 hours/week
Position Current Pay Rate: $12.50 - $14.00/hour
Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
Receptionist Job Duties:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answers and transfers phone calls and retrieves voice mail, answers general info questions, and delivers or emails people their messages as needed
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, issuing visitor badges
- Receives, signs for, and distributes packages after verifying it is an appropriate delivery
- Run errands such as taking the deposits to the bank and bulk mail to the post office
- Changes messages on reader board
- Reserves appointments for services and programs as needed
- Scans, names and organizes documents into appropriate locations on the server, as time and coverage permits
- Reserves meeting rooms for staff
- Maintains staff contact information
- Creates staff ID items, such as name badges and business cards
- Maintains copies of current employee driver licenses and insurance cards in the Excel and physical files
- Maintains paper supply for copier/printers, restrooms
- Keeps inventory of supplies needed in workroom and for main office area
- Data entry as needed
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Empties the dishwasher and makes sure kitchen sink area is clean
- Other duties as required by Supervisor
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management
- Completed High School, AA or BS/BA.
- Minimum 3 months experience working or assisting in an office environment as receptionist
- Must pass criminal background check prior to starting work
- Accepts direction well and works well with others
- Willing to help people with disabilities and low income population
- Ability to keep personal information about participants confidential
- Must have reliable transportation and be available during regular business hours, which are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
This position requires frequent standing, bending and the ability to lift 30 pounds. Must be available for flexible, non-standard work hours. Also, work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent use of a computer and the use of phones to communicate with current and potential clients and partners.
$12.50-$14.00/hour, depending on experience. Benefits: Major health and dental insurance, vacation/personal leave.
Mail or email cover letter, resume, and NWFS application to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222
No phone calls, please.