To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume
Provide evidence-based assessments, substance abuse treatment, case management and recovery support to youth in Clackamas County middle and high schools.
- Working collaboratively with school and community partners, receive referrals, conduct assessments, provide appropriate intervention, and make referrals as needed.
- Participate in direct client alcohol and drug treatment utilizing program guidelines and policies.
- Work with clients and their family members with regard to treatment, prevention, recovery, crisis management, and navigation of services.
- Teach alcohol and drug prevention classes to students in a classroom setting.
- Facilitate groups for adolescents and families to support skills building and the development of sober living skills.
- Consistently maintain accurate client documentation.
- Travel to multiple schools and/or community locations in order to meet with clients.
- Complete initial and monthly billing functions while adhering to billing deadlines.
- Provide positive role modeling for youth and families.
Education / Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related Behavioral Health field is preferred.
- Must have a CADC I certification upon hire or will be required to acquire this certification within one year of hire.
- A minimum of one year of experience providing case management, chemical dependency treatment, referrals, assessments, and/or advocacy services.
- Knowledge and experience working with community and social service agencies.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, to learn, and to act to overcome historic values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all staff are valued and given opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.