Job Title: Childcare Provider
Report To: Parenting Coach (Miranda Lucas) firstname.lastname@example.org 503-309-1184
Position Type: Part- time 4 -6 hours per week. Option to be an on-call substitute.
Salary: $12.50 per hour
Northwest Family Services is looking for part-time childcare providers. At NWFS we are looking to hire reliable, enthusiastic, and motivated workers to care of children ages 0 – 10 while their parents attend parenting classes held at the NWFS and other locations throughout Clackamas County.
- Collaborate with a fellow childcare provider to create a safe and nurturing environment.
- Read, play, and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities for children.
- Organize and prepare materials and supplies for childcare room.
- Update and inform parents about any concerns or successes of their children that occurred while in your care.
- Will not be responsible for diaper changes but will take older children to and from the restroom.
- Clean up toys, books, and other supplies in the childcare room. In addition, assist the parenting class facilitator in cleaning up dishes, taking out trash, and other duties.
- Minimum 1year experience working with young children
- Must pass criminal background check prior to starting work
- Accepts direction well and works well with others
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willing to work non-standard and irregular hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to keep personal information about participants confidential.
- Must be committed to NWFS organizational mission and fiscal responsibility. Comply with all NWFS policies and procedures.
Must be available for flexible work hours. Must be able to walk up one flight of stairs. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Mail or email cover letter, resume, and NWFS application to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222
ATTN: Miranda Lucas