Job Title: Deputy Director
Report To: Executive Director
Classification: Exempt, Executive
Position Time: 1.0 FTE; Some evening and weekend work
The Deputy Director (DD) supports the Executive Director (ED) and Management Team to vision and implement Northwest Family Services’ strategic plan, human relations configuration, administrative oversight of grant deliverables, grant and contract procurement, and community partnerships. With a major focus on cultivating community partnerships, strategic planning, managing revenue and growth streams, programming, compliance, and quality assurance, the DD supports managers with program integration and development, is a liaison to community partners and is active in both advocacy and current trends.
- Partner with the ED in essential internal NWFS leadership activities within the mission and values of the agency.
- Manage increasing segments of information technology, human resources (recruiting, reviews, staffing and workload balancing, career progression) with related internal communications and Is competent in fund accounting and budgets.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Provides mentoring, coaching; visible, approachable sounding for management team.
- Serves as auxiliary authorized organizational representative.
- Provides oversight of the administration team.
- Provides support and recommendation to the Executive Director.
- Attends all management team meetings and participates in development as required.
- Accept the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director in the spirit of establishing and maintaining an honest and professional working relationship.
- In concert with NWFS management team, develops and implements strategies for the maintenance and enhancement of existing services and strategic planning.
- In concert with NWFS management team, develops and implements strategies for opportune program expansion and funding as appropriate.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, represents NWFS programs at local, regional, and national conferences and workshops.
- Must be committed to organizational mission and fiscal responsibility.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BA, BS, or Master’s degree is preferred
- Track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and a assuming leadership roles
- Success in roles requiring the execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Has 8 to 10 years of experience in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agencies
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and respect
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – governmental, for-profit and nonprofit, those from diverse backgrounds and the community as a whole maintaining an equity lens
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Passionate about NWFS’ mission and impact
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Transparent, direct, with substance
- Self-starter, self-disciplined
- Spark, imagination, creativity
- Remains focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and automobile insurance. Available for some traveling.
Required Drug Testing and Criminal Background Check
- As of January 1, 2020, all final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Work is often performed in an office environment and involves frequent use of a computer. Frequent use of phones to communicate with current and potential partners and volunteers. Will drive to perform work with the community. May require occasional travel out-of-town.
Salary: $6,250 to $7,085 monthly depending on experience
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, sick time, holidays, employee assistance program and working for an organization with a great mission.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222