To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
An important part of our work here at Northwest Family Services is working collaboratively with our community partners. The Drug and Alcohol Policy Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration and project coordination of our Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Program.
If you have a passion for substance abuse prevention, this might be the job for you.
- Present strategies and model policies to internal staff members, external committees as well as local city and county government officials.
- Build, support and maintain program volunteers.
- Advocate for drug and alcohol prevention by conducting public education presentations to a variety of groups.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and community partners.
- Conduct and evaluate assessment of policies and programs.
- Maintain program statistic and prepare reports.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, communities and cultures.
- Able to motivate diverse members of the community.
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with multi-agency leaders.
- Able to read and interpret a variety of complex rules and regulations.
- Have excellent follow-through.
Experience / Education
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Policy or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Policy and 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Basic understanding of community health prevention theory and practice.
- Willing to work evenings and weekend hours as needed.
- May be able to work remotely.
- Preferred but not required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) and knowledge of local jurisdictions.
We offer a generous benefits package and a supportive work culture. As a non-profit organization, full time employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.