English Tutor (on-call)
We’re looking for someone to work on-call to provide high school English tutoring to students in the Gresham area (Reynolds, Centennial and Gresham-Barlow). You would be working with youths between the ages of 14 and 21 years old in the tutoring center. Appointment times for the tutoring center are between 4:30 pm and 7:30 pm, Monday thru Thursday.
- Provide one-on-one in-person high school level English instruction to students after school hours.
- Serve as a positive role model to students.
- Assist students with homework, test/GED preparation, research and other academic tasks.
- Teach study and test-taking techniques.
- Track student progress by conducting practice tests and then identifying areas for improvement. Assist the student in setting academic goals.
- Provide feedback on student progress to parents or the case manager where appropriate.
- Experience tutoring English to high school or GED students.
- Experience working in school settings is preferred.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send a cover letter and resume.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of BIPOC and other historically underrepresented groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.