To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration and coordination of the alcohol and marijuana coalition goals and objectives.
- Create and support the Latino and/or Youth Advisory Boards for the coalition.
- Implement the program plan which consists of various strategies for substance abuse prevention. This includes using existing assessments or helping to create new assessments.
- Expand alcohol and marijuana prevention outreach capacity for the Latino and youth communities using volunteers and community leaders.
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and community partners involved in the coalition.
- Attend and/or make presentations at workshops, trainings, and events as needed.
Education / Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Health, Health Education, Prevention or another related field.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, to learn, and to act to overcome historic values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all staff are valued and given opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.