Job Title: PreventNet Site Support
Reports To: Clackamas Youth Intervention Services Manager
Position Time: 14 hours per week, with some evenings and week-end hours
Job Summary: The PreventNet Site Support position is part of the PreventNET system, a collaboration between the Children Youth and Families Division of Clackamas County, local schools, and local community service providers to improve academic success and reduce juvenile delinquency. The PreventNet Site Support will assist the PreventNet Site Coordinators, focusing on supporting and linking and stabilizing the youth and their families with resources at each of the school sites, dividing the 14 hour work week equally between the middle school and high school sites, as assigned.
- Support the positive youth development and prevention activities and events at each of two PreventNet school sites.
- Obtain the written consent of client/parent/guardian as well as practice all aspects of maintaining confidentiality of all client personal information, according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain case coordination files for 3-5 youth at each site, maintain record of contacts and referrals, enter data and program evaluation, and client satisfaction surveys.
- Assess youth for strengths/needs (includes family) and develop related goals.
- Follow up with youth to determine progress toward goals, ongoing, and/or additional needs.
- Familiarize with various appropriate community referral resources and services for youth and/or their families (basic needs resources, mental health assessment /treatment, OHP/other health insurance, medical/dental care, drug/alcohol prevention/treatment, etc.)
- Refer youth/family to at least one community resource/service to improve engagement in school and academic performance, low attendance, and low state test scores.
- Provide every core youth with homework assistance or tutoring.
- Ensure that youth participates in extracurricular activities/recreation (school clubs, affinity groups, sports, career exploration, leadership groups, civic engagement, community service, etc.
- Assist Site Coordinator, in partnership with local coalitions and other partners, in delivering positive social norms campaigns, safe environment dances, field trips, community service projects, motivational assemblies, or career day.
- Assist with after school programming or activities one day per week at each of two schools.
- Help facilitate girls/boys groups, utilizing an evidence-based curriculum such as Girls Group, Boys Circle, Botvin Life Skills, or Teen Intervene alcohol and drug early intervention curriculum.
- Ensure that 85% of Core Youth will regularly participate in homework assistance – measured by sign-in sheets and observation.
- 85% of Core Youth will participate in extracurricular activities/recreation – measured by sign-in sheets and observation.
- 80% of Core Youth will improve or maintain grades in English/Language Arts, Math, and Science – measured by school academic data collected.
- 85% of Core Youth will improve attendance or maintain once attendance improves – measured by school attendance data.
Other Job Duties:
- Consistently maintain daily schedule, utilizing Microsoft Outlook calendars.
- Write weekly report of duties and accomplishments and submit weekly to Department Manager
- Administer and report on client satisfaction surveys. Administer and collect pre and post program surveys.
- Attend assigned trainings and educational/community meetings.
- Develop relationship and maintain effective communication with Site Coordinator, youth, teachers, counselors, administrators and parents to provide referral linkages and follow up.
- Weekly case management updates; create checklist/data base to use each week. Maintain a weekly log documenting hours and tasks, and will periodically review it with the supervisor and advisory committee to adjust focus if necessary.
- Provide case files to Clackamas Youth Intervention Services Manager for review at the end of each quarter.
- Facilitate an atmosphere conducive to academic success and positive social skills.
- Perform tasks at the discretion of the supervisor and conduct other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate and maintain positive relationships with the Site Coordinators, school administration and staff, as well as community members.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of resources offered by NWFS as well as the community at large.
- Provide positive role modeling for the students.
- Effectively communicate about NWFS, its mission, and programs to community partners and participants. Utilize NWFS communication plan. Document programs and activities for representation on behalf of Northwest Family Services to the broader community.
- Attend all staff meetings and development as required.
- Work as a team with others in the department, including paid interns and volunteers.
- Accept the guidance and supervision of the Schools Department Manager and Executive Director in the spirit of establishing and maintaining an honest, respectful and professional working relationship.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS, with experience in prevention preferred.
- Sufficient work with adolescents and some college considered
- Bi-cultural, bilingual English and Spanish preferred but not required
- Accountable, flexible, self-directed, organized
- Able to work independently and take direction
- High energy, works well with others, can work as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth and adults
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and current and adequate automobile insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check to work in schools as well as pass an agency drug screen test.
- Available for occasional travel with some evening and weekend work
Work is performed typically in a school environment and requires frequent and lengthy standing, speaking in a loud voice, and ability to lift at least 30 pounds. May work some evenings and an occasional weekend. Requires use of personal vehicle to drive to and from home base agency and individual Clackamas schools throughout the week, with mileage expense reimbursed monthly.
Hourly wage: $15 per hour
Submit cover letter, resume, and job application
Attn: Jenna Napier
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd
Portland, OR 97222