To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
An important part of our work here at Northwest Family Services is supporting and encouraging Latino youths who are struggling with addiction.
If you have lived experience with recovery, this may be the position for you.
- Promote those activities which foster recovery and empowerment by sharing personal experiences when appropriate.
- Connect youth with group pro-social activities.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Health Care Providers and/or Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselors to support their cases.
- Assist clients and families with referrals to community mental health recovery services, education, and support programs.
- Maintain written documentation and enter data in the database.
Education / Experience
- Must be able to speak, read and write in Spanish and English.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Recovery Mentor or be willing to successfully complete CRM certification training.
- A self-identified person in recovery from an addiction disorder, with a minimum of two years of documented abstinence.
- This position is based out of Gresham.
- Work a flexible, non-traditional schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
- Drive to perform work within the community. May require occasional travel out-of-town.
- Speak in a loud, clear voice in front of a group.
We offer a generous benefits package and a supportive work culture. As a non-profit organization, full time employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send a cover letter and resume.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.