To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
This position is responsible for the efficient operation of our Domestic Violence Shelter. The shelter provides 24-hour care for Latina survivors of domestic violence and their children.
- Ensure the seamless operation and delivery of quality services for the shelter.
- Ensure on-site, motel-based, and in-home individualized care for participants in the program, including but not limited to safety planning, crisis intervention services, and supporting participants in their goals for self-sufficiency and growth (budgeting, financial).
- Ensure participants are supported through empowerment, domestic violence education, physical and mental health, healthy relationship and parenting education, etc.
- Ensure participants secure long-term, safe housing with a stability plan in place.
- Supervise shelter employees. This includes hiring, training, staffing, performance evaluation, and performance management.
- Ensure the program is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provide oversight for shelter placement, individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, safety planning, and advocacy.
- Provide trauma-informed consultation, oversight, and guidance for employees and participants.
- Foster an environment of accountability, respect, and trauma-informed care with both employees and participants.
- Ensure that the shelter is properly staffed for all shifts and provide shift coverage at the shelter when necessary.
- Assist in the writing of proposals and grants for the program.
- Ensure that reasonable measures are taken regarding the safety of the program participants.
- Monitor and evaluate program performance which includes improving existing services and identifying new needs.
- Provide transportation to participants as needed.
- Assist participants with temporary restraining orders, Sexual Assault Protective Orders, and Stalking Orders.
- Accompany participants to appointments or meetings with a variety of service providers, including but not limited to DHs, court, Immigration, etc.
- Oversee the proper maintenance and cleaning of the shelter building and grounds.
- Work with community partners and other agencies as needed to implement collaborative programs and education.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties as required.
Education / Experience
- Must be bilingual/bicultural in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health field or social work.
- Two or more years of experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and sexual violence and its effects on survivors, their children, and society.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices, and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, learn, and act to overcome historical values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging where all staff are valued and given the opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background, or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.