Skip to main content

Alcohol and Drug Treatment

NWFS provides alcohol and drug treatment services that currently support youth and young adults as well as their families. Services are offered in Clackamas and Multnomah Counties for those experiencing substance use and/or experimentation with substances. We are a strength-based and trauma-informed organization that provides level 0.5 Early Intervention/Prevention and level 1.0 Outpatient Treatment in convenient and supportive settings. We will also provide referrals to higher levels of care, including residential treatment, based on the determined need after the assessment. We endeavor to remove any possible barriers to care to include school-based services as well as community-based appointments with youth in safe and supportive settings. We currently offer telehealth and in-person treatment.

Once a person has completed a culturally appropriate assessment (English or Spanish) and enters into treatment, our certified counselors work with youth to identify meaningful goals around their substance use, goals for their future, educational needs, accountability and communication. Developing pro-social habits and behaviors is another important component of the work we do to ensure positive outcomes.

Other areas of focus include:

  •  Education for youth and parents (risks associated with adolescent substance use and impacts on the developing brain)
  • Smoking/Vaping Cessation
  • Relapse Prevention
  • Stress and Anger Management
  • Individual and family counseling (related to youth substance use)
  • Life skills
  • Effective Refusal Skills
  • Development of positive self-regard
  • Naloxone and lock boxes for safe medication storage

Services provided:

  • Case Management for youth and families served
  • Alcohol and drug screenings, assessments, and outcome-based recommendations
  • Youth Peer Support Services and mentorship
  • Individualized treatment planning

We work closely with community partners such as schools, juvenile justice programs, community-based mental health providers, and other various social service providers to support youth and their families with whatever needs are identified at the onset of treatment or that arise over the course of treatment.

We do accept the Oregon Health Plan (as well as offer support through an OHP assistor to access OHP if needed). Other forms of payment for services include sliding fee schedules and possible grant eligibility.

How do I get help or more information?

For Mental Health:
Fill out the inquiry form located on our Mental Health program page. 

For Alcohol & Drug Treatment Services:

Please type your full name.
Please provide a valid email address.
Please provide a telephone number.
Please write a message.

This form is for requesting information from NWFS. Please do not submit sensitive or private information.